The Lake County Agricultural Society, Inc.
The Society was formed in 1852 as a non-profit organization, for the sole purpose of putting on the county fair. The fair was originally agriculture based and has since then grown to include some of the events we have today, but still has agriculture at it's core.
Like today, the original fair had friendly competition between local farmers who grew crops and raised animals. The ultimate goal of the Society is to provide insight about agriculture and how it's vital importance to the life of Lake County residence and visitors from around the area.
In addition to the agriculture exhibits, there are several exhibits related to gardening, flowers, family arts and crafts, conservation, and commercial businesses. We also now have a large number of food vendors offering a vast array of food items for every taste.
One of our most popular attractions is our huge carnival midway, with over 30 rides for all ages!
Our landmark Grandstand features motor sports for the entire family of vehicle enthusiast and thrill seekers.
All of this takes place in the friendly and inviting setting of the Lake County Fairgrounds which is a jewel in the crown of Lake County. We sincerely hope you enjoy this fair as much as we enjoy have you as our patrons.
Please enjoy your visit to the fair.
Lake County Fair Board:
- President: Kenneth Craft AFFL*
- 1st Vice-President: Tom Lump, AFFL* 712-6404
- 2nd Vice-President: Paul Carlson
- Secretary: Arlene Marcinek 219-663-3617
- Treasurer: John Laszlo
- Past President: Roland "Bub" Wise, AFFL
- Board Member: Mike Steffan
- Board Member: Pattie Leininger, AFFL
- Board Member: Robert Crist
- Board Member: Edward Hein
- Board Member: Jay Molenhouse
- Board Member: Mike Fraley